Sofia Police Arrest 30 in Rally Aftermath
Thirty people have been detained in the Bulgarian capital Sofia after the official conclusion of the mass protest rally held Sunday.
Thousands took on the streets in Sofia and across Bulgaria, protesting against the political model, unbearable utility bills and wide-spread poverty.
The detainees have disrupted public order in calling on other demonstrators to block the key intersection of "Patriarch Evtimiy" boulevard and "Graf Ignatiev" street in downtown Sofia.
They have also shouted obscenities and have made explicit signs to riot police. Some were found to have been carrying knuckles, knifes and homemade explosives.
Six have been taken to the 4th police precinct; 24 are in the 1st one.
- » Two People were Shot in Marseilles
- » A Student Opened Fire at a School in the US, but was Stopped by a Teacher
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas