Sofia Mayor Rules Out Becoming Caretaker PM
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has refuted rumors that she may be appointed as Bulgaria's caretaker Prime Minister.
"I have enough work to do as Mayor of Sofia," Fandakova told reporters on Friday.
She also noted that President Rosen Plevneliev has not offered her to become caretaker PM.
Commenting on Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's surprising resignation, the Sofia Mayor described it as a "very responsible" move.
The breaking news about Borisov's resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)