Bulgarian PM too Busy to Attend Vote on His Resignation
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is unable to attend the parliamentary vote on his and his Cabinet's resignation because he is too busy, Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov has told reporters.
According to Naydenov, Borisov is currently working in the Council of Ministers building in Sofia.
Earlier on Thursday, opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party MP Petar Kurumbashev filed a proposal for Parliament to summon Borisov and Djankov to the sitting.
The proposal was however voted down, being opposed by MPs from ruling GERB party.
The vote on the resignation of Borisov's cabinet is expected around noon.
Boyko Borisov surprisingly filed the resignation of the Bulgarian government Wednesdasy morning following days of massive protests against economic stagnation, austerity and extremely high electricity bills.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend