Bulgarian PM, FinMin Absent from Resignation Debate
Resigned Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and FinMin Simeon Djankov are absent from the Parliament plenary Thursday which will discuss and vote the resignation.
Opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party MP Petar Kurumbashev filed a proposal for Parliament to summon Borisov and Djankov to the sitting.
The proposal was however voted down, being opposed by MPs from ruling GERB party.
The vote on the resignation of Borisov's cabinet is expected around 12 noon.
Boyko Borisov surprisingly filed the resignation of the Bulgarian government Wednesdasy morning following days of massive protests against economic stagnation.
Vice-PM and Finance Minister Simeon Djankov had prior to that resigned from cabinet Monday, in a bid to appease protesters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet