Bulgarian PM, FinMin Absent from Resignation Debate
Resigned Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and FinMin Simeon Djankov are absent from the Parliament plenary Thursday which will discuss and vote the resignation.
Opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party MP Petar Kurumbashev filed a proposal for Parliament to summon Borisov and Djankov to the sitting.
The proposal was however voted down, being opposed by MPs from ruling GERB party.
The vote on the resignation of Borisov's cabinet is expected around 12 noon.
Boyko Borisov surprisingly filed the resignation of the Bulgarian government Wednesdasy morning following days of massive protests against economic stagnation.
Vice-PM and Finance Minister Simeon Djankov had prior to that resigned from cabinet Monday, in a bid to appease protesters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend