Bulgarians Expected to Assemble in Support of Resigned PM
A large rally is expected in front of the Bulgarian Parliament Thursday morning, as the house votes the unexpected resignation of Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
Borisov said the cabinet is stepping down Wednesday morning, after protests that had gripped the country failed to abate following a major cabinet reshuffle, and even turned violent.
Some citizens reacted by speaking out against the resignation and showing support for Borisov and his cabinet.
A Facebook page made Wednesday morning following the resignation, has now gathered close to 33,000 'likes'.
Petitions have been started to show the support for the cabinet.
At the same time, it was reported Wednesday that ruling GERB party functionnaires mailed supporters - and civil servants - suggesting they come out for the pro-Borisov rallies.
Minutes before the Parliament sitting, scheduled for 9 am EET, scores of citizens have already assembled in front of the House in central Sofia.
The debate on Borisov's resignation is expected to last around three hours, after which around 12 am, MPs will vote.
- » Canada Lagalizes Recreational Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Meteorologists Protest on Thursday
- » Five Injured Following Explosion at London Tube Station
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » Saudi Arabia World Cup Players Tell of Terror after Plane’s Engine Catches Fire Mid-air
- » Bulgarians have Proved to be the most Active in the EU in Reporting Crimes