Appointing New Govt in Bulgaria after Resignation
According to article 111 of the Bulgarian Constitution, the powers of the Council of Ministers shall be terminated by: a vote of no confidence; accepting the resignation of the Council of Ministers or of the Prime Minister, or upon the latter's death.
The Council of Ministers submits its resignation before the Parliament and must keep its functions until a new Cabinet is appointed.
The Council of Ministers can ask the Parliament for a confidence vote – for the overall policy, or a concrete program or reason. The decision is passed by a majority of more than half of the Members of the Parliament present in plenary hall.
When the Council of Ministers does not receive the asked confidence, the Prime Minister submits the resignation of the government.
Then, after consultations with the parliamentary groups, the President assigns to a candidate for Prime Minister from the largest group to appoint a Cabinet within a 7-day deadline. If this fails, then the President does the same with the second largest group.
If the second group declines, then the mandate is given to another group. If any of the groups manages to appoint a Cabinet, the President tables a proposal with the Parliament to elect their candidate.
However, if all groups decline, the President must appoint a caretaker government, and then, with one single decree, adjourn the Parliament and schedule a new general election no later than two months after the termination of the powers of the last government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend