Bulgarian Police Clash With Sofia Anti-Government Protesters
Police have clashed with protesters in downtown Sofia with reports about injured people.
According to reports of private TV station bTV, ambulances cannot reach the injured demonstrators.
bTV coverage shows police cars covered in blood.
The tension escalated after the protesters started throwing smoke balls, bottles, and rotten fruits.
Some of the protesters in front of the Parliament building are voicing their discontent over the abuses of monopolies in Bulgaria, others condemn the approval for the expansion of the Bansko ski zone by an expert council at the Environment Ministry, and there is also a torchlight march of nationalist party Ataka.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Proposes Mapping Coronavirus Occurrence Rate in Member States
- » Navalny’s Team Released Two-Hour Video Featuring Putin’s Deluxe Palace in Crimea
- » Bulgaria: Nevestino Villagers Start Strouma River Cleanup on Their Own
- » CEO of Pirogov Emergency Hospital: What’s Going on in Europe Is Coronavirus Third Wave
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 455 Newly Infected, 6 Percent of Tests Are Positive
- » Europe’s External Borders May Be Sealed Amid Rising Coronavirus Toll