Bulgarian PM Calls Putin ahead of Key Press Conference
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Russian President Vladimir Putin talked over the phone ahead of the Bulgarian PM's much anticipated media appearance on Tuesday.
Borisov and Putin discussed topics of mutual importance, including energy projects, according to the Russian President's official website.
It was Borisov who initiated the conversation, the press release says.
Borisov, who is known for his frequent media appearances, at least several times a day, "disappeared" on Saturday and was nowhere to be seen for over 70 hours.
His disappearance coincided with the mass protests rallies that have been staged across the country against high utility bills over the last days.
The largest protests were held precisely over the weekend and Monday evening when tens of thousands of demonstrators gathered in the capital Sofia and the other major cities in the country.
Borisov's deputy, Finance Minister Simeon Djankov, shockingly resigned on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Vice-President Yotova: Bulgaria is Fully Behind Albania's European Future
- » Russia’s Ambassador: Bulgaria is Rewriting its History
- » Turkey’s Ambassador: The Investments of Turkish companies in Bulgaria reach 2.5 billion euros
- » Ambassador Raykov: British authorities have officially confirmed that the 3 Bulgarians are in Prison
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to the UK: The Embassy was Not Informed about the Detention of our Citizens