Bulgarian Church to Name 2 More Patriarch Candidates
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church is expected to name Saturday the two remaining candidates for the position of patriarch.
On Friday, Stara Zagora bishop Galaktion became the first candidate named by the Holy Synod.
He was also exposed as a member of the board of directors of a tissue bank in January 2012.
The new Bulgarian patriarch will be chosen at a national church council the following Sunday, February 24.
A candidate must be a serving metropolitan bishop, to have been in that position for at least 5 years, and to be over 50 years of age.
Bulgarian Orthodox Church long-serving Patriarch Maxim passed away of old age on November 6, 2012.
- » Almost 3000 Farmers have Received over 3 million leva for Pest Control
- » Candidate for the Concession of Sofia Airport Will Build a National Stadium
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Most of the High Schools Graduates Will Sit a Biology or English Exam
- » Fishing for White Sand Mussels in the Black Sea is Prohibited
- » Sofia University Celebrates 175 years of Bulgarian journalism