Suspect Emerges in Bulgaria's Latest Mobster Shooting
Bulgarian police now have a suspect in the shooting of notorious drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov aka Baratata (The Beret), local media inform.
The Bulgarian National Television (BNT) has stated that the suspect has been traced down to the town of Kazanlak, which is located near Ivanov's hometown of Gurkovo.
According to BNT, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov has confirmed the report, but has refused to share additional details.
Last month, Ivanov was shot in broad daylight in the vicinity of the main courtroom building in the Bulgarian capital as he was going there for an appeals hearing in an illegal drugs distribution case against him.
Ivanov survived the attack and was rushed to hospital. His condition was reported as "stable" last week.
Zlatomir Ivanov was arrested on February 7, 2009, after he turned himself in to Bulgaria's National State Security Agency DANS. He was charged with organizing and leading an organized crime group dealing with drug distribution and murders.
In 2012, Baretata was sentenced to 8 years of jail time.
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)