New Strong Quake Jolts Solomon Islands
A 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook the Solomon Islands on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
There were no immediate reports of a tsunami, according to CNN.
The quake comes two days after an 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck the same region, triggering a tsunami that killed five people .
The strong aftershocks are said to be hampering relief efforts to tsunami-ravaged villages in the South Pacific country.
- » EU Looks to Screen Migrants in Africa to Stop Boatloads
- » Melania Trump Wears 'I Really don't Care do u?' Jacket on Migrant Visit
- » Russia and the UK are Running out of Beer because of the World Cup
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary