Eco Activist's Car Set on Fire in Sofia Suburb
Two automobiles have been set purposely on fire in the affluent Sofia suburb of Boyana overnight.
One of the cars belongs to the Chair of the eco "Association for Boyana," Svetla Vatashka, 61, and the other – to her nephew who lives in the same house.
No one has been injured in the arson.
The police are following the lead the perpetrators did not know which one of the two cars they had to set on fire. The vehicles are totaled.
Vatashka says she suspected "property mafia" being behind the arson as her Association fights for preserving green areas in Boyana that are municipal property and prevent construction.
She further explained the eco activists were involved in a legal battle for properties within the State Residency "Boyana," which in 2011 were given to the Bulgarian Football Union by the Council of Ministries.
Vatashka also informed this was the second car she owned that was destroyed by unknown perpetrators. In 2007, her vehicle has been smashed and totaled.
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted
- » The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud
- » Hostage Situation in Paris, Suspect Arrested after 4 Hours