Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge 2 to Open on Day of Europe
The second bridge between Bulgaria and Romania, known as Danube Bridge 2, will be officially opened on May 9, the Day of Europe.
The news was announced Wednesday by Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, who inspected the bridge and traveled its entire length by car. Transport Minister, Ivaylo Moskovski, was also present.
Borisov further informed the President of the European Commission, Jose Manuel Barroso and Regional Policy Commissioner, Johannes Hahn, will attend the ceremony.
Barroso and Hahn are to confirm the date of the launch in forthcoming talks.
Moskovski said that according to the schedule of the building contractor, construction works will be fully completed in April, which will allow the official opening of the bridge in May. He added the works now were 98% completed.
The Minister reported that negotiations on building the management unit of Danube Bridge 2 were ongoing, particularly on the infrastructure of the border police and the Customs. The decision to have the unit in the Bulgarian Danube city of Vidin has already been made.
Moskovski explained installments for the project have been paid regularly, stressing this was yet one more ISPA project that was able to catch up on the delay thanks to hard work and the active support of the EC.
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » There is Bulgarian "Liquid Gold" in over 2.3 Million Expensive French Perfumes
- » Summer Getaway! Where It Is Worth To Spend the Weekends ?
- » Samsung Will Have to Pay Over Half Billion Dollars to Apple
- » Bulgaria will Produce Parts for Airplanes "Airbus"
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism