Canada Confirms Its Citizen Linked with Burgas Bombing
A man with dual Canadian and Lebanese citizenship was involved in the deadly terror attack in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas back in July 2012, a Canadian official has confirmed.
The suspect is believed to be still at large, says Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird.
Canada is working with Bulgarian authorities in an investigation that has produced "convincing evidence" that Hezbollah's military wing is responsible for the bus-bomb attack last July 18 that also killed the Bulgarian driver, Baird said Tuesday, as cited by Toronto Star.
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov stated that Bulgarian investigators had "a well-founded assumption" that the perpetrators of the deadly attack belonged to the military formation of Hezbollah.
Tsvetanov revealed that a man with an Australian passport and a man with a Canadian passport were two of the three conspirators involved in the attack, which claimed the lives of five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
- » Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong-un
- » The French President Macron is on an Official Visit to Russia
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov will go on a Visit with Pope Francis
- » Radev to Putin: Bulgaria and Russia must be Frank with Each Other
- » The Controversial Attorney General of the United States is on a Visit to Bulgaria
- » Today Bulgarian President Radev will Meet Putin in Sochi