Lebanon Ready to Help Bulgaria in Burgas Terror Probe
Lebanon is ready to assist Bulgaria in investigating the 2012 Burgas bus bombing, stated Lebanese PM Najib Mikati Tuesday.
Mikati was reacting to the Bulgarian government's implication of Lebanon-based organization Hizbollah in the terror attack, which killed 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian driver and the presumed suicide bomber.
"Lebanon tursts that Bulgarian authorities will conduct a thorough assesment of the investigation's results and reiterates its readiness to cooperate with Bulgaria to shed light on the circumstances," stated the Lebanese PM.
According to Bulgarian Minister of Interior Tsvetan Tsvetanov, two of the attack's perpetrators had previously resided in Lebanon, an probably acted as part of Hezbollah's military wing.
Tsvetanov had also said that he hoped for full cooperation in the investigation on the part of the Lebanese government.
Hezbollah is a registered political party in Lebanon with 12 members in the 128-seat parliament and 2 ministers in cabinet.
Some countries view Hezbollah and its military wing as two separate entities, classifying only the latter as a terrorist group.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: Skopje should understand that the Road to Europe is through Actions, Not through Words
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured