Suicide Attack, Gunmen Kill at Least 30 in Northern Iraq
At least 30 people were killed and another 70 wounded after gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a police complex in the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq.
The gunmen stormed the police compound after a car bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker, police authorities have revealed, as cited by RIA Novosti.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
CNN has reminded that the oil-rich Kirkuk, about 240 kilometers north of Baghdad, has been the scene of tensions recently. It is also one of the disputed areas in the country between the central government and Kurdistan regional government.
- » Greece Shuts Down its Three Largest Migrant Camps
- » Beijing Allocates $16.2 Billion to Regions to Fight Poverty
- » Donald Trump: China Is Going to Have to Make a Deal that I Like or I’ll just Raise the Tariffs even Higher
- » Jens Stoltenberg: Northern Macedonia - a Full Member of NATO in Early 2020
- » World Record: More than 120 Journalists Have Been Held in Turkish Prisons
- » US Praises Bulgaria for Making Military Modernization a Priority