Suicide Attack, Gunmen Kill at Least 30 in Northern Iraq
At least 30 people were killed and another 70 wounded after gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a police complex in the city of Kirkuk in northern Iraq.
The gunmen stormed the police compound after a car bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker, police authorities have revealed, as cited by RIA Novosti.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
CNN has reminded that the oil-rich Kirkuk, about 240 kilometers north of Baghdad, has been the scene of tensions recently. It is also one of the disputed areas in the country between the central government and Kurdistan regional government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emmanuel Macron’s White House visit highlights Transatlantic Differences over China
- » Bulgaria’s Vice President: The Netherlands gave the best Christmas present to all Eurosceptics
- » Day 283 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians prepare for a Siege of Bakhmut
- » Bulgarian MEP: Western countries are showing Hypocrisy and Duplicity by denying us Entry into Schengen
- » Musk released 'Twitter Files' detailing Censorship and Suppression of information at Twitter
- » The Pentagon unveiled the new B-21 Raider stealth bomber