Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over Gusty Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty three Bulgarian regions Sunday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Only 5 regions – Vidin, Montana, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv and Smolyan are under code green.
The weather will be warm for January with temperatures varying significantly.
The temperatures during the day will be 5C to 8C in northwestern Bulgaria to plus 12 - 17C in the rest of in the rest of the country.
Rain is to arrive in western Bulgaria around noon and it will reach the eastern parts by the evening. It will turn into light snow in some higher elevations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Droughts alone could cost 1% of GDP in Central Eastern Europe in Coming Years
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded