Spring-Like Weather Brings 2 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
Two temperature records, both of them in the north, were measured in Bulgaria Saturday, as a wave of warm air has temporarily gripped the country amid winter.
Spring came back briefly to the city of Pleven, where the temperature of 17.5 degrees Celsius was measured, the other record being 12 C in nearby Svishtov.
Highs for most of the country were around or above 10 C Saturday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Sunday will see similarly warm weather, with maximum temperatures expected to soar to 17 C in the south-west.
The north-west will remain cooler with highs at 5-8 C, with colder weather returning with north-western wind in the later part of the day.
Precipitation is expected to start, coming in first as rain and then turning to snow as the night falls.
Sunday weather in mountains is expected to be highly dynamic, with strong winds blowing at higher altitudes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for Rainfall and Thunderstorms has been announced for half of Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny, in some places with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today