Bulgaria FM Pledges for W Balkans EU Integration in Munich
Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikolay Mladenov has held a string of bilateral meetings at the sides of the 49th Munich Security Conference he is taking part in Saturday.
In particular, Mladenov met his counterparts from Macedonia and Kosovo - Nikola Poposki and Enver Hoxhaj - as well as Montenegro's PM Milo Djukanovic.
The Balkan leaders discussed the situation in the region, including the processes of EU integration of countries from the Western Balkans.
Mladenov and Macedonian top diplomat Poposki also talked about ongoing negotiations for a pact for good neighborly relations.
This comes months after Bulgaria joined Greece in blocking the setting of a start date for EU accession negotiations with Macedonia, which embittered bilateral Bulgarian-Macedonian relations.
"Talks with Macedonia's Foreign Affair Minister were conducted in a constructive spirit," reads an official statement from Bulgaria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
At the Munich Security Conference, Mladenov also held bilateral meetings with NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Qatar's PM Abdullah bin Khalifa Al Thani, Iraqi FM Hoshyar Zebari and European Defense Agency executive director Claude-France Arnould.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian MFA: We Expect the Albanian PM to Express Himself as a Politician from an EU Candidate Country
- » Bulgaria to COREPER: Right Now there is No Way to Solve the Issue with North Macedonia
- » PM Petkov confirmed Bulgaria's demands to North Macedonia, EU is Frustrated
- » Biden Nominates a New Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » Macron is ready to Organize a Sofia-Skopje Meeting in Paris
- » The US Condemned the Arson of the Bulgarian Cultural Center in North Macedonia