Bulgaria's Top University Hikes Tuition Fees
Tuition fees in Bulgaria’s oldest and most prestigious university, the Sofia University “Saint Kliment Ohridski” are going up 8% much to the discontent of parents and students.
The decision has been made by the University’s Academic Board.
Thus, the lowest fee per semester is now BGN 360, while the highest is BGN 1 000 for the School of Medicine. This is a raise of BGN 10 to BGN 38, respectively.
The new fees apply for all programs – bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degrees.
Students, who were present at the sitting of the Academic Board, have voiced strong opposition to the move. They have been backed by some of their University lecturers.
The students are calling for annulment of the decision, which has been made unanimously by the 22 Academic Board members.
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website