Shot Bulgarian Mobster Still in Critical Condition
The health condition of top Bulgarian mobster Baretata, who was shot Tuesday, is expected to deteriorate further, doctors now say.
Crime boss, Zlatomir Ivanov aka Baretata (The Beret, The Barret) was shot in broad daylight in the vicinity of the main courtroom building in the Bulgarian capital as he was going there for an appeals hearing in an illegal drugs distribution case against him.
After the shooting, Ivanov was taken to the emergency Pirogov hospital and underwent surgery for approximately four hours on Tuesday and his life was reported to still be in danger.
Doctor Stoyan Sopotnenski said Wednesday the patient's condition is expected to become more complicated and additional surgeries will be needed to stabilize him.
Baretata is in the central life-support ward on respiratory apparatus and on cardiac medications.
"His condition is dynamic and we cannot say how it will develop and cannot issue certain forecasts about his life," the Doctor is quoted saying.
A bodyguard, who returned fire, was also shot in the leg. He is in stable condition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene