Right-Winger: Bulgarian PM Failed to Cope with Corruption, Crime
Atanas Atanasov, the former head of Bulgaria's National Security Service, has declared that the country's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has failed to combat crime and corruption.
Atanasov, who is currently a Sofia municipal council member from the right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, has gone further to state that the efforts to fight corruption and crime have been "the biggest failure" of Borisov and his centrist-right GERB government.
Atanasov's statement followed Tuesday's a failed assassination attempt against emblematic Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata (The Beret) in downtown Sofia.
Zlatomir Ivanov, a former counter-terrorism squad commando, got four gunshot wounds as he was entering the Central Courthouse in Sofia for his organized crime trial hearing but survived.
Atanasov has told the BGNES news agency that the crime scene in Tuesday's assassination attempt was "symbolic."
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair