Rightist Leader: Bulgarians Should Vote for Their Future
All Bulgarians should go out and vote on Sunday's referendum on nuclear energy, stated rightist Democrats for Strong Bulgaria leader and ex-PM Ivan Kostov upon casting his vote.
"I call on everyone to go out and vote. Bulgarians should not leave their fate on the ice in the street. They must go out and vote!" said Kostov.
According to the rightist leader, a major mystery of Sunday's vote is the way supporters of the ruling GERB party will vote.
"PM Boyko Borisov made clear that he will vote will be against, but we do not know how many GERB supporters will follow him," explained Kostov.
Bulgarian citizens will answer "yes" or "no" to the question: "Should nuclear energy be developed in the Republic of Bulgaria through the construction of a new nuclear power plant?"
The referendum was initiated by a public petition supported by opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party on the occasion of the frozen Belene NPP project.
Kostov's Democrats for Strong Bulgaria were among the most staunch supporters of the "no" position and have officially registered one of the initiative committees in the campaign leading up to the vote
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"