Bulgarian Doctors Union Head to Sue Finance Minister over Redirected Health Insurance Contributions
Tsvetan Raychinov, Chairman of the Bulgarian Doctors Union, has vowed to file a lawsuit against Finance Minister Dimeon Djankov over misused health insurance contributions.
Speaking Monday in the northeastern city of Ruse, he argued that a sum of nearly BGN 2 B in health insurance contributions had been redirected to other needs since 2009.
Raychinov, as cited by private TV station bTV, said that he felt wronged because the Finance Minister had misappropriated his health insurance contributions and urged all Bulgarians to follow his example and sue Djankov.
"Do not let them rob you,:" Raychinov exclaimed.
He noted that he was willing to file a lawsuit against Djankov not as a doctor or head of the Bulgarian Doctors Union but as an ordinary citizen.
He said that another problem was the constant transfer of activities from the Health Ministry to the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF).
Raychinov took part Monday in a discussion organized on the 12 anniversary of the establishment of the NHIF.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 942 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Incidence of COVID-19 Worldwide increased in June for the First Time in half a year
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Pfizer: A New Wave of the Pandemic is Beginning
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 314 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 538 New Cases in the Last 24 hours