Dogan Attacker Had Ties with Sofia Drug Lord - Top Cop
Oktay Enimehmedov, the ethnic Turkish man who attacked key Bulgarian politician Ahmed Dogan, used to have close ties with notorious Sofia drug lord Hristo Shirev, according to Bulgaria's Interior Minister.
Enimehmedov and Shirev used to be close friends, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov told reporters on Sunday.
As authorities revealed Saturday, Enimehmedov has a previous crime record for possession of drugs, theft and assault.
Enimehmedov burst onto the stage and pointed a gas pistol at Dogan during a televised speech at a party caucus Saturday. No shots were fired.
The 25-year-old attacker will be charged with grave hooliganism and death threat, prosecutors said Sunday. He may face up to 6 years in jail.
Authorities said that the weapon used in the attack was not capable of putting a life in jeopardy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven