Assaulted Dogan Returns to Turkish-Bulgarian Party Conference
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Ahmed Dogan has returned to the party conference after an unsuccessful attempt on his life.
He was greeted with standing ovation by delegates.
Dogan's keynote speech for the national congress was interrupted by a man who walked on stage with a hand gun.
The leader evaded the attack after a misfire of the weapon, after which the assaulter was tackled by delegates.
Dogan has taken a seat next to vice-chair Lyutvi Mestan.
His speech is being read out by MRF MEP Filiz Hyusmenova.
According to copies of the speech available to some Bulgarian media, Dogan will announce his resignation in it.
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire