Bulgaria Gained BGN 7.4 B from Privatization since 1993
Bulgaria's revenues from the privatization of state-owned companies in the period 1993 – 2012 amount to BGN 7.4 B, according to Finance Minister Simeon Djankov.
Speaking Friday in Parliament, he said that in the period 1993-2000 Bulgaria had registered revenues of BGN 2.2 B from privatization, while the revenues in the period 2002-2012 amounted to BGN 5.2 B
Djankov, as cited by dnevnik.bg noted that the sum included payments with bonds during the mass privatization process, as well as the sales of several large companies.
He specified that the sum did not include investments promised by the new owners of the firms.
He reminded that the privatization process had started in 1992 and that a new law adopted in 2002 had made the Privatization and Post-Privatization Control Agency the sole body authorized to seal such deals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Specialized Companies from the Netherlands and Bulgarian Agri-Producers partner in doubling Bulgaria’s Fruit and Vegetables production
- » Belgrade: The EU adopted the first package of Sanctions against Serbia
- » ITA Airways: Direct Flights between Sofia and Rome
- » Ethereum and Monero: Which Project Is More Ecologically Friendly?
- » France has filled its Gas Storages to 100%
- » A Global Manufacturer from the Automotive Industry will invest in Bulgaria