Bulgarian Media Mentioned PM over 8000 Times in 2012
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov remained the most omnipresent politician in the country's media in 2012, with his name being mentioned in a total of 8031 articles, according to a survey.
However, President Rosen Plevneliev is last year's champion in terms of positive-to-negative media mentions. His rating was 5.7 meaning that positive mentions of him were 5.7 times more than negative ones.
Borisov's rating was 2.4, while the second most frequently mentioned politician, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov, had a negative rating of minus 1.2.
Volen Siderov, leader of far-right nationalist party Ataka, was the most disliked Bulgarian political figure in local media. His rating was minus 12.3.
According to the Media Democracy Foundation, which conducted the survey, Bulgarian media remain highly politically dependent.
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)