Romania Wants Arrest of 2 Bulgarian Drug Trafficking Suspects
Romanian prosecutors have demanded the arrest of two Bulgarians suspected of running one of Europe's largest cocaine trafficking rings from Colombia to Europe.
Evelin Banev AKA Brendo and Radoslav Atanasov are believed to have been involved in smuggling a shipment of 50 kilograms of cocaine worth EUR 6 M captured in Romania in April, according to international media.
The alleged ring ring that trafficked hundreds of kilograms of cocaine on yachts, cargo ships and speedboats from South America to western Europe included Colombians, Romanians, Bulgarians and Italians.
Both Banev and Atanasov are currently detained in Italy on other drugs' trafficking charges.
Banev was arrested on May 16 2012 in the Black Sea town of Sozopol in an international special police operation codenamed Cocaine Kings, along with 15 other Bulgarians, 12 Italians, one Slovenian, one Romanian, and one Georgian.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police