Romania Wants Arrest of 2 Bulgarian Drug Trafficking Suspects
Romanian prosecutors have demanded the arrest of two Bulgarians suspected of running one of Europe's largest cocaine trafficking rings from Colombia to Europe.
Evelin Banev AKA Brendo and Radoslav Atanasov are believed to have been involved in smuggling a shipment of 50 kilograms of cocaine worth EUR 6 M captured in Romania in April, according to international media.
The alleged ring ring that trafficked hundreds of kilograms of cocaine on yachts, cargo ships and speedboats from South America to western Europe included Colombians, Romanians, Bulgarians and Italians.
Both Banev and Atanasov are currently detained in Italy on other drugs' trafficking charges.
Banev was arrested on May 16 2012 in the Black Sea town of Sozopol in an international special police operation codenamed Cocaine Kings, along with 15 other Bulgarians, 12 Italians, one Slovenian, one Romanian, and one Georgian.
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)
- » The Police Arrested 41 Bulgarians in Spain