Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over Gusty Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty one Bulgarian regions Wednesday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It is effective for the regions of Sofia City, Vratsa, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Yambol, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Kardzhali and Plovdiv.
The weather will be very warm for January with temperatures varying significantly.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 1C in northwestern Bulgaria to plus 8-9C in eastern Bulgaria and north of the mountains, while the maximum – between plus 1-2C in northwestern Bulgaria to plus 15-16C in the rest of the country.
- » Weather Foreast: Mostly Cloudy with Rain
- » 6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 17C and 22C
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time
- » The 2020 Earth Hour will be Marked Online due the Covid-19 Pandemic
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy