Pakistan Court Orders Arrest of PM
Pakistan's Supreme Court has ordered the arrest of PM Raja Pervez Ashraf and 15 others over corruption allegations.
Ashraf has been accused of accepting bribes when approving power generation projects as minister for water and power in 2010. The Prime Minister has refused the claims.
Meanwhile, populist cleric Tahirul Qadri has led thousands of protesters in Islamabad, demanding the government 's resignation.
BBC has cited observers saying the timing of the Supreme Court's move bolsters allegations that the cleric is backed by elements of the judiciary and military.
Last year, the Supreme Court ousted Ashraf's predecessor, Yousuf Raza Gilani, in a contempt case related to old corruption charges against President Asif Ali Zardari.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir