Femen Get Naked for Gay Rights in Vatican
Activists from the rights group Femen undressed in front of Pope Benedict XVI during Sunday mass in the Vatican to protest against the Catholic Church's stance towards gay people.
The four female activists from the Ukrainian movement turned up in front of the Christmas Tree in the St. Peter square in Rome and got naked as the pope appeared for the morning prayer.
Their bodies had the slogan "In Gay We Trust" inscribed on them.
Police apprehended them only minutes after they undressed.
Rights group Femen rose to fame in 2010, after staging a string of naked actions in Ukraine and Russia criticising corruption and lack of democracy.
This is not the first time that Femen stages a topless action against the Pope, as in November activists undressed for women's rights.
- » This Year China will Launch up to Eight New Satellites from the Beidou Navigation System
- » Once Again the British Parliament is Postponing the Vote for Brexit
- » FAA: It Is Still not Clear When the Boeing 737 Max Will Return to the Sky
- » Volcano in Mexico Has Erupted
- » Polls open in Netherlands and Britain for European Parliament Elections
- » Emerging Europe Announces Nominees for 2019 Awards