Bulgarian FinMin Proposes to Up PM's Salary by BGN 5000
Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, wants a monthly salary of BGN 8 8 000 for the Prime Minister, the President and the Speaker of the Parliament.
The proposal has been written in a Bill of the Ministry of Finances, the Bulgarian Pressa (Press) daily reports.
Djankov further asks for a significant increase of the salaries of the Deputy Prime Ministers and the Vice President, which are to reach between BGN 5 000 and BGN 6 000 a month.
Officials from the Finance Ministry are quoted saying that the new salaries will become effective as soon as August 2012.
PM, Boyko Borisov, currently gets BGN 3 403 a month and if Djankov's proposal materializes, the salary of the country leader is to go up by the significant for Bulgaria amount of nearly BGN 5 000.
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million