Russia Okays USD 800 M Loan to Serbia
Russia signed an USD 800 M export credit deal with Serbia on Friday and is in talks over a possible USD 1 B loan to Belgrade in 2013 to stabilize its budget.
Russia will loan Serbia the USD 800 M as an export credit for modernization of Serbia's rail system.
"We have agreed to grant Serbia credit for developent of its infrastructure, primarily its rail system," Russian Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
The five-year credit will be granted at 4.1% annual interest.
"We agree to meet in a couple of weeks, because we need to work out with business our possible participation in privatizations in Serbia," Siluanov said in reference to the future billion loan talks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Amid another US Delegation visit, China conducts Fresh Military Drills around Taiwan
- » UN: By November 15, the World Population will reach 8 Billion People
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India