Bulgaria President's PR Gets Final Warning over New Year Blunder
Maria Ivanova, the Press Secretary of Bulgarian President, Rosen Plevneliev, has received a final warning before dismissal over a visual blunder in the presidential first New Year's address.
Earlier in the week Maria Ivanova received the unflattering "Golden Skunk" award.
The mocking award is given out by the popular TV show "Lords of the Air" in recognition of a particularly stinking affair, as suggested by the little and smelly black-and-white striped mammal it has been named after.
Ivanova received the "Golden Skunk" award for the visual blunder in Plevneliev's first New Year's address that raised a stir among the Bulgarian public.
During the address, as Plevneliev spoke about "unique Bulgarian nature," a picture showing a mountain near the resort of Aspen, Colorado, was shown.
Ivanova has graciously accepted the dreaded award, voicing regret for the careless mistake marring Plevneliev's good intentions to deliver a greeting that would be more emotional and sincere than those of his predecessors.
The President has stated that for him "the Plevneliev" gaffe was inexistent since this was not his mistake, but the one of the team that put together his New Year's address to the nation.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair