Bulgaria's Pironkova Makes It to Quarterfinals in Hobart, Australia
Bulgaria's best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova brought great joy to her fans after scoring a three-set upset win to gain a quarterfinal berth at the Moorilla Hobart International tennis tournament in Australia.
Pironkova clinched a 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 victory over third-seeded Klara Zakopalova.
Pironkova saved just one of the seven break points she faced but only one of those came in the third set when she had three breaks of her own.
Monica Niculescu also rallied for a win, defeating Peng Shuai 3-6, 6-4, 6-4. Like Pironkova, Niculescu was 7-of-12 in break chances but she needed three third-set breaks to advance.
Pironkova will play ninth-seeded Mona Barthel in the quarterfinals and she has admitted that will be a very difficult clash for her.
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov