Bulgarian Nationalists Ask Apology from US for WW II Bombing
Bulgaria's far-right, nationalist Ataka party is organizing on January 10 a protest rally in front of the US Embassy for the anniversary of the 1944 bombing of the capital Sofia.
The nationalists are demanding an apology from the Americans and material compensations for the families of those who were injured and perished in the bombing.
Ataka leader Volen Siderov stressed that they also press for the dismantling of the monument of American pilots in Sofia. He explained he was grounding the initiative on the nationalists' firm belief the US bombing was a premeditated massacre of civilians.
The party has filed with the Sofia City Hall a request to mount a memorial plaque for the 4 200 Bulgarian victims and call on all their relatives to get in touch with Ataka in order to receive legal assistance for their claims towards the Americans.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: No Need to Evacuate our Embassy in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: The Risk for Bulgaria is related to the Security in the Black Sea region
- » Overview: Where does Bulgaria Stand in the Tense Situation between NATO, Ukraine and Russia
- » Bulgaria and North Macedonia will be Connected via another Border Crossing
- » The OECD is Starting Negotiations with Bulgaria and Five other Countries
- » Bulgarian President to PM of North Macedonia: Let's Make Progress on Important Topics