Bulgarian President Proud of His 1st New Year Address
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has declared that he is proud of his first New Year address to the nation since assumed office in 2012.
In a written statement, Plevneliev has claimed that he writes his own speeches and "stands by every word he says."
The President has pointed out that "thousands of people" have congratulated him for his speech.
Commenting on the embarrassing blunder in which a photo showing Aspen, US, was used in the televised New Year's address to illustrate the "unique beauty" of Bulgarian nature, Plevneliev has noted that the selection of pictures that his words was not his responsibility.
The first ever televised New Year's address of Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev stirred heated debates in the country with some applauding it and others ridiculing it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend