Incredible Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Semi-Finals
Bulgaria's young, but great tennis star Grigor Dimitrov turned into the big sensation of the quarter-finals at the Brisbane International after easing past seventh seed Jurgen Melzer.
Bulgarian world No.48 Grigor Dimitrov ousted seventh-seeded Austrian Jurgen Melzer 6-3 6-2 in just under an hour.
The 21-year-old is the youngest man ranked in the ATP top 50 and has been described by Australian media as "the silent assassin" of the event after taking down second seed Milos Raonic a day earlier.
Dimitrov will face crowd favourite – Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis - in Saturday's semi-final.
The former Australian Open finalist advanced to the semi-finals by upsetting third-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon 6-3 6-4.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm