Berlusconi Vows to Investigate 'Intl Conspiracy' against Him
Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has stated that if he returns to power after general elections in February, he will investigate the "international conspiracy" that ousted him end of 2011.
Acting Italian PM Mario Monti, who resigned end of December, has stated that Berlusconi's positions are "logically confusing" and called on Italy's citizens to show good sense in the polls.
Berlusconi has been arguing that an "international conspiracy" including "Germany and the Catholic Church" pressured him into resigning.
Technocrat Monti, a life-long member of Italy's Senate, is leading a center-right coalition dubbed "Monti's Agenda for Italy" for upcoming general elections.
He has stated he sees the movement as a "civic movement" going beyond the left-right divide, and set to bring politics to a new level.
Multiple-times Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi is leading his center-right People of Freedom party in Italy's parliamentary elections scheduled for February 24-25.
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis
- » Armed Attack on Ruling Party Kills 3 in Turkey