Bulgaria Loses EUR 51 M in EU Agriculture Funds
Bulgaria has left EUR 51 M of EU funds for agriculture unabsorbed in 2012, and this amount will be substracted from its funds for the next programing period.
This was announced Wednesday at a press event by Bulgarian State Agriculture Fund director Rumen Pozhoranov.
Bulgaria has absorbed EUR 381 M from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)'s EUR 431 M allotted for 2010.
The payment of funds on EAFRD is two years after the approval of the budget.
This means that on this instrument, Bulgaria has a 88% rate of absorption for 2012.
According to Pozhoranov, one of the main reasons for less than optimal absorption is that the program for Bulgaria started two years later.
The main area with deficient absroption is the so-called axis 2, comprising "environmental measures" to be implemented by agriculture producers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Growth in Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Asen Vassilev: Within 2 weeks Bulgaria will have a Draft Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit
- » Over 75% of Bulgarians have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » The EC Plans to Extend the Ban of Imports of Ukrainian Wheat to Bulgaria and 4 more countries
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom