Fireworks Claim 2nd Life in Bulgaria
A 49-year-old man has perished in Nikolovo, a village in Northeastern Bulgarian District Ruse, in an incident with fireworks.
The latest firework death is the second in Bulgaria in just a few days as earlier a seven-year-old kid died as a result of a firework explosion in the village of Turkmen near Plovdiv.
49-year-old Stefan Velev died shortly after New Year's after he lit up his last fireworks outside of his village located a lake near the village of Nikolovo. The firework blast blew up half of his head.
In a separate incident near Plovdiv, a 35-year-old man lost his arm.
A total of seven people were hospitalized in Sofia on New Year's Day with various injuries resulting from fireworks and their improper use.
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth
- » Two People were Killed and 18 were Injured in a Crash between a Truck and a Train in Italy
- » Residents of Zaburdo Fill Potholes on the Way to Chudnite Mostove (Marvelous Bridges) on their Own
- » Travel and Read in a Retro Tram in Sofia on May 24th
- » Truck Hit a Bus on Trakia Motorway, 12 People Are in Hospital