Bulgarian Tourism Optimistic for Winter Season 2012 - 2013
Bulgaria expects a large increase of visitors at winter resorts mainly from the important Russian and Great Britain markets, according to Economy, Energy and Tourism Minister, Delyan Dobrev.
Speaking for the BTA news agency, Dobrev noted that early reservations of tour operators show an increase of 9% for Russian tourists, while the percentage would end up being even higher due to the trend of last minute bookings.
The increase for tourists from Great Britain is 5%, again according to early reservations and planned charter flights for the airports in the capital Sofia and the second largest city of Plovdiv. There is also an expected increase of visitors from Poland and Denmark, while Bulgaria remains an attractive winter destination for neighboring Serbia, Macedonia, Romania and Turkey.
"Bulgaria continues to successfully establish and maintain its international ski destination image. A recent study in consumer centers in 27 European and North American resorts shows that Bansko has leading positions as an affordable location for winter vacations, which gives us reasons for optimism for winter season 2012 – 2013," says Dobrev.
Regarding the 2013 summer tourist season, the Minister stressed the country would stay an attractive destination for foreign travelers, offering quality and variety of services.
Bulgaria's Bansko resort is known as an affordable location for winter vacations, the sector minister inists. File photo
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Before the Start of the Season: What are the Prices of Tickets for the Ski Area in Bansko
- » Travel in Europe Will Not Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels by 2024
- » Winter Tourism in Bulgaria: Will a Green Certificate be Required for the Ski Areas?
- » Bulgaria: The Ski Season will be More Expensive this Year
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year