11 Syrian Refugees Intercepted in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 11 illegal migrants from Syria who tried to cross the border with Turkey Sunday.
The group, comprizing 9 men, one woman and her child, were detained in the field near the village of Matochina, in the area of Kapitan Andreevo crossing point.
None of them had IDs on them, but they said to the officers they are fleeing from Syria.
The 11 illegal migrants have been detained in Svilengrad, and investigations are under way.
- » Man Dies of Legionnaires' Disease after Bulgarian Holiday
- » British Tourist Nearly Dies after ‘Severing Artery’ Plummeting Down ‘Extreme’ Water Slide in Bulgaria
- » Flock of Pink Flamingos Settled in Lake Atanasovsko near Bulgaria’s Burgas
- » New Outbreak of African Swine Fever in Velingrad Municipality
- » For the most Part Wildfires in Bulgaria are Caused by Human Activity
- » Second Outbreak of African Swine Fever in Alabak State Forest Enterprise