Turkish Businessman Beaten to Death near Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Turkish national Ender Penderli, renter of a restaurant on the road connecting the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv and the village of Popovitsa, has been beaten to death.
According to reports of Darik radio, Penderli was attacked by a group of men at the parking lot of the restaurant.
The tip-off for the accident was received by the District Police Directorate in Plovdiv at 20:35 on Friday.
The 31-year-old man was taken to hospital with multiple head injuries and died half an hour later.
The attackers fled in three cars in the direction of Plovdiv.
Around 30 minutes after the beating, a police patrol at the entrance of Plovdiv stopped a Mercedes carrying five of the assaulters.
According to police experts, the men are from the Stolipinovo Roma district of the southern Bulgarian city.
The Turkish national is believed to have been beaten up due to unsettled financial relations.
The prosecuting authority is expected to press murder charges.
Todor Chonov, Director of the District Police Directorate in Plovdiv, made clear Saturday that ten people had been arrested in connection with the offense.
The investigation into the case continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros