100 000 Bulgarians, Greeks Go to One Another's Countries for Christmas
More than 105 000 people have crossed the Bulgarian-Greek border as tourists during the Christmas break so far, according to data of the Bulgarian Border Police.
A total of 25 000 vehicles have also crossed the Bulgarian-Greek border, announced Tuesday Chief Inspector Boyko Bozhkov, regional head of the Border Police in Southern Bulgaria.
10 000 more Greeks have come to Bulgaria for their Christmas vacations than the number of Bulgarians who went to Greece, Bozhkov said.
Most of the Greeks have most likely come to Bulgaria for vacations at some of the Bulgarian winter and ski resorts such as Bansko.
Bozhkov has also announced that before Christmas the Bulgarian police have not registered any major violations on the border crossings with Greece.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?