Trade Dispute Strands Bulgarian, Ukrainian Sailors in Pakistan
The Bulgarian and Ukrainian crew of a cargo ship have been left without resources in Pakistan due to a trade dispute regarding the ownership of the vessel.
The ship has been grounded in Karachi and a procedure for cutting it for scrap has begun, according to the wife of one of the Bulgarian sailors, who spoke to the Bulgarian National Radio Sunday.
According to the radio, the ship is owned by a Russian company, and had 10 Bulgarian and 12 Ukrainian sailors on board.
The woman informed that the sailors have been left "without food, water and electricity."
Nova TV attempted but could not come into contact with the Bulgarian agent of the sailors, based in the city of Burgas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NPC International, The Largest Franchisee of Pizza Hut in U.S., Files for Bankruptcy
- » EasyJet May Cut Three UK Airport Bases
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Angelkova: The Measure 60/40 Becomes 80/20 for the Tourism Sector
- » Important: Greece Can Only be Entered Through the Kulata Border Checkpoint
- » Airbus Cuts Nearly 15,000 Jobs to Adapt COVID-19 Environment
- » WizzAir with New Route From Sofia - Mykonos