Bulgaria on Alert over Cold, Sun to Return for Christmas
Half of Bulgaria's regions have been placed under code yellow for potentially dangerous weather due to low temperatures Sunday.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hyrdrolody has placed the warning on 14 regions, covering Bulgaria's north.
Lows have reached -15 degrees Centigrade at some locations, and highs will not go over -5-0 C Sunday.
Residents and visitors to Bulgaria can expect a comparatively snowless but warm Christmas, as the first three days of next week will bring sun and higher temperatures.
Highs are expected to reach 5-6 degrees Celsius, to 10-11 C at some locations, with lows not much below zero.
Fogs are expected to accumulate in smaller valleys, for instance in capital Sofia.
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)
- » Antarctic Ice Melting faster than ever, Studies Show