Cold Claims 49 Lives in Poland This Month
A total of 49 people have died from the cold since the beginning of December as temperatures in Poland plunged to minus 10 degrees Celsius, Polish police authorities say.
Most of the victims were homeless. Police have started informing the homeless population of where they can find hot meals and shelter.
Poland's first cold wave this season in October left 15 people dead and five more died in November, international media remind. Last winter around 200 people died of hypothermia in the country.
- » Donald Trump Sent an “Excellent” Letter to the North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un
- » The British Parliament Was Evacuated Due to a Fire Alert
- » San Francisco Prohibits the Sale of Electronic Cigarettes?
- » Ekrem Imamoglu Won the Istanbul Mayor's Election
- » Russia Is about to Add Up to 7 New Islands to Its Territory
- » The Battle Between the US Government and Huawei: Huawei Will Sue the Government