Cold Claims 49 Lives in Poland This Month
A total of 49 people have died from the cold since the beginning of December as temperatures in Poland plunged to minus 10 degrees Celsius, Polish police authorities say.
Most of the victims were homeless. Police have started informing the homeless population of where they can find hot meals and shelter.
Poland's first cold wave this season in October left 15 people dead and five more died in November, international media remind. Last winter around 200 people died of hypothermia in the country.
- » World Leaders Gather in Berlin to Discuss the Libyan Crisis
- » Italy Declared March 25 as Dante Alighieri National Day
- » China with the Lowest Birth Rate since 1949
- » Italian PM Giuseppe Conte: EU May Send Troops to Libya
- » Croatia Has Lost Half a Million Workers in Ten Years
- » The US Senate Has Opened Trump's Impeachment Process