Cold Claims 49 Lives in Poland This Month
A total of 49 people have died from the cold since the beginning of December as temperatures in Poland plunged to minus 10 degrees Celsius, Polish police authorities say.
Most of the victims were homeless. Police have started informing the homeless population of where they can find hot meals and shelter.
Poland's first cold wave this season in October left 15 people dead and five more died in November, international media remind. Last winter around 200 people died of hypothermia in the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests