Bulgarian Police Bust 'Amateur' Wannabe Kidnappers
Bulgarian police have arrest three men described by Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov as "amateurs" plotting the kidnapping of a businessman's son.
The three men were arrested in a special police operation overnight, Bulgarian's Interior chief announced Friday morning.
He revealed that as the police were observing the wannabe gangsters over the past month, the latter equipped a rented garage with a mattress, and procured police accessories.
"They were hoping to get BGN 100 000 in ransom in just 24 hours. They were plotting their first abduction, and wanted to make quick money," Tsvetanov told the Bulgarian National Television.
In his words, the arrested men had an "amateur approach", and their gang was "neutralized" early on.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia